KIP - KNOW INDIA PROGRAM
An initiative of the Government of India, aimed at acquainting Indian diaspora with the transformational changes taking place in India.
Know India Programme of the Ministry of External Affairs is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth conducted with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, science & technology, communication & information Technology, culture. KIP provide a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with the contemporary India.
1. Know India Programme is a flagship programme of Ministry of External Affairs for engagement with Indian origin youth (between 18-30 years) to enhance their awareness about India, its cultural heritage, art and to familiarise them with various aspects of contemporary India. This programme is open to youth of Indian origin (Indian passport holders are NOT eligible) from all over the world with preference to those from Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad &Tobago;, South Africa, Jamaica. The programme has been in existence since 2003.
2. Know India Programme is a 21 days’ programme (excluding international travel) during which the participant will visit Delhi, Agra and a select state in India alongwith visits to places of historical, cultural, religious significance. KIP participants will also have a 2-day orientation programme in New Delhi. Participants will meet opinion makers, leaders, officials to get an overview of India’s economy, society and ongoing growth and development story.
3. Participants are provided local hospitality e.g. boarding and Internal transportation in India, return air tickets from their country of residence to India provided participants bear 10% of the cost of total air fare. Gratis visa shall be granted to participants by the Indian Missions/Posts abroad.
4. Minimum qualification required for participating in KIP is graduation from a recognized University /Institute or enrolled for graduation and ability to speak in English. The applicant should not have visited India through any previous Programme of Government of India. Those who have not visited India before will be given preference.
5. Applicant must provide documentary evidence to prove Indian origin or an undertaking about Indian origin which must be countersigned by Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consul General.
Registrations are now open for 60th, 61st and 62nd KIP.
For more details, please visit www.kip.gov.in or write to firstname.lastname@example.org